Official disclaimer: I have not personally laid eyes on all the graves mentioned in this ‘Celebrity Grave Spotting’ edition. I just wanted to have the words ‘Celebrity’ and ‘Spotting’ in the title. Sue me.
At some point even celebrities pass on and are laid to rest somewhere – despite popular thinking, they are still human after all and have not achieved immortality (although they might in about 20 years). So, without further ado, I present the following celebrity gravesites:
- Michael Jackson: Musician, Entertainer, King of Pop | Born August 29, 1958 | Died June 25, 2009 | Buried in The Great Mausoleum in Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, CA.
- Princess Diana: Princess of Wales | Born July 1, 1961 | Died August 37, 1997 | Laid to rest in the grounds of Althorp Park , Northamptonshire, England (her family home), on an island in a lake known as Oval Lake.
- Evel Knievel: Stuntman, Daredevil | Born October 17, 1938 | Died November 30, 2007 | Buried in Mountain View Cemetery in Butte, MT. In one of his last interviews, he told Maxim magazine, “I really wanted to fly through the air. I was a daredevil, a performer. I loved the thrill, the money, the whole macho thing. All those things made me Evel Knievel. Sure, I was scared. You gotta be an ass not to be scared. But I beat the hell out of death.”
- Katharine Hepburn: Actress, Hollywood Royalty | Born May 12, 1907 | Died June 29, 2003 | Buried in Cedar Hill Cemetery in Hartford, CT. She died of natural causes at the grand old age of 96.
- Agatha Christie: Author, Playwright | Born September 15, 1890 | Died January 12, 1976 | Buried in St. Mary Churchyard, Cholsey Oxfordshire, England. She is one of the best-selling novelists of all time and her books have been translated into 103 languages.
May they all Rest In Peace.
If you’re ever wondering where one of your favorite late celebrities is laid to rest, you can probably find out here.